Wednesday, February 18, 2009

your volubility

What makes one use such a roundabout, twisted way of saying anything
when he becomes a principal?
I was far from smiling.
For as the Sweetness of a Kernel is uncomatable, but by the Fracture of its Shell,
so is the Beauty of a Mystery altogether hid, till the Expounder has riddlemayreed
the Propounder's Problem, and render'd it obvious to the meanest Capacity.
How shall I conduct myself towards such a man?
PUT ME INTO THAT SHAPE.
It can easily be understood that a large share of the beauty
of making these household furnishings lies in the colour.
Indeed, half the beauty of the rug may lie in the fringing and finish.
Did I hunger for Jimsy's supreme gift of adaptability?
I raised my gold-rimmed glasses and settled them under arching brows,
while the society smile faded quite away.
You open the page of history, and find it bloated with tears and blood.
It is full of robberies, massacres, and murders.
The importance of beginning well--
Yes, she was sure now.
I now prepared to return home; a whippoorwill tuned its nightly song at a little distance;
but the sound, late so cheerful and sprightly, now passed heavily over our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment